KeePass is a free, open-source password manager that helps you manage your passwords securely. You can store all your passwords in a database, which is locked with a master key. So you only have to remember one master key to unlock the whole database. Database files are encrypted using the best and most secure encryption algorithms currently known (AES-256, ChaCha20 and Twofish).
KeePass is portable: it can be transported on a USB key and works on Windows systems without being installed.
Is it really free?
Yes, KeePass is really free, and more: it is open source (OSI certified). You can view its complete source and check if the encryption algorithms are correctly implemented.
KeePass is free and you have full access to its source code. Open source prevents backdoors. You can view its source code and compile it yourself.
- Most fixed-size dialogs now detect if they fit on the current screen, and when a dialog doesn’t fit (e.g. due to a very high DPI factor), its size is reduced and scrollbars are displayed.
- Added more entry command names to the main window (e.g. the command to edit the currently selected entry/entries is now called ‘Edit Entry’ or ‘Edit Entries’, depending on the number of selected entries).
- Tooltip added for the main part of the main window status bar.
- Improved color buttons (help tips, accessible names, …) in the input dialog, in the database settings dialog and in the options dialog.
- Added ‘Interface (2)’ tab to options dialog, renamed existing ‘Interface’ tab to ‘Interface (1)’, moved some controls from ‘Interface (1)’ to ‘Interface ( 2)’.
- Improved font selection controls (with a checkbox that reverts to default, button shows currently selected font, tooltip, improved accessibility, …) in options dialog .
- Added “Dark Theme” and “Primary Font (Size)” help links in the options dialog.
- The ‘Custom alt. item color’ and ‘Press Esc key in main window’ are now disabled if applied (by an applied configuration file).
- Added support for opening URLs with Waterfox in private mode.
- Added a dialog for editing (HMAC-based and time-based) OTP generator settings (can be opened using “OTP Generator Settings” commands in the input dialog box or in the “Edit Input (Quick)” menu of the main window).
- Added input commands ‘Copy HMAC based OTP’, ‘Display HMAC based OTP’, ‘Copy time based OTP’ and ‘Display time based OTP’ ( in the ‘Other data’ menu).
- Added ‘Copy Title’ and ‘Copy Notes’ input commands (in ‘Other Data’ menu).
- When switching to the ‘Generate’ tab of the password generator dialog (no database open), the entropy collection dialog is now displayed, if the ‘Show the dialog to collect user input as additional entropy’ is enabled.
- Added ‘Colorize password characters’ option in HTML export/print dialog; colors are customizable.
- Added ‘Custom Master Font’ and ‘Custom Password Font’ options to HTML export/print dialog.
- Added horizontal input separator lines in tabular HTML exports/prints.
- In the plugins dialog, the “Automatically delete old files from cache” option and the “Clear” button are now disabled if applied (by an applied configuration file).
- Plugins can now more easily change the expiration date of an entry.
- Added workaround for Wine bug 52457.
- Improved main window initialization performance.
- Improved the initial emergence of a minimized or maximized main window (less flickering, improved performance, …).
- Improved database toolbar button names/tooltips in the main window.
- Improved handling of bold/italic list fonts.
- Improved the performance of updating the list of entries in certain situations.
- Improved dynamic menu deconstruction performance.
- Fields starting with ‘HmacOtp-‘ or ‘TimeOtp-‘ are no longer displayed in the copy input string menu.
- Improved tooltips and accessibility of repeat password text boxes.
- When a dark theme is active, the error background color for text boxes is now darker.
- Improved accessibility of expiration control groups.
- The title of the create/edit master key dialog is now context sensitive.
- Improved the page of the ‘Compression’ tab of the database settings dialog box (extended description of the ‘None’ option, improved accessibility, …).
- If no color was specified, the ‘Custom alt. the “item color” button in the options dialog now displays the default color.
- Improved HTML generation for HTML exports/prints.
- Improved default fonts used when printing or exporting to HTML.
- In bulk HTML exports/prints, field names are no longer italic (unless the user has selected an italic primary font).
- In HTML exports/printouts, all field values except passwords are now stripped.
- HTML exports/prints: improved encoding of space characters in passwords.
- Improved horizontal input separator lines in HTML block exports/prints.
- TrlUtil: Improved control classification.
- Increased Authenticode certificate key length.
- Various CHM/Help improvements.
- Updated installer.
- Various UI text improvements.
- Various code optimizations.
- Other minor improvements.
- The “-preselect:” command line parameter now works as expected when the “Clear master key command line parameters after using them once” option is enabled.
- Font selections in the options dialog are now applied only when closing the dialog with [OK].
Changes from 2.51 to 2.51.1:
- The option “Use alternating background colors for elements” is again compatible with automatic sorting.
- Improved performance of updating the list of entries when duplicating entries.
- Fixed entry list scrolling bug.
- Other minor improvements.
We would love to thank the writer of this article for this remarkable material
KeePass is a free and secure password manager for Windows
Visit our social media profiles and other pages related to themhttps://metfabtech.com/related-pages/