Sangomar project off Senegal: first oil production planned for 2023 (company) – Atlasinfo

Speaking on the occasion, Paul Sullivan, senior vice-president of Australian oil exploration and production company Woodside Energy, responsible for the development of the Sangomar field, gave a detailed overview of the latest developments of the project which, notes t -it, with first oil production scheduled for 2023, is expected to become Senegal’s first offshore oil development.

“At Woodside, we understand the importance of supporting strong local content and sustainable local supply chains that bring benefits to local communities,” said Mr. Sullivan, adding that “for the Government of Senegal, the development of its offshore hydrocarbon resources supports its aspiration to become an emerging economy by 2035.”

The construction of Sangomar’s floating, production, storage and offloading (FPSO) facility “is well underway”, with modules being gradually completed and installed on the upper part of the vessel. Labor and training of local Senegalese operators has begun, while the complex’s subsea system structures have all been built and transported to Dakar, building on existing logistics and supply services provided. by local businesses and established contractors, he said.

“The active participation of local industry and labor in the upstream oil and gas industry and the benefits they derive from it are critical to this success. The Sangomar joint venture has always been committed to bringing economic benefits to Senegal. Given that this is the first offshore development and a new industry for Senegal, an effort to target opportunities within the project timeline has resulted in substantial local content achievements across the supply chain. value of the project,” Sullivan continued.

Woodside currently has two drill rigs in the Sangomar field, the Ocean Blackhawk and the Ocean Blackrhino, working back to back to complete the batch drill program, with the first program already completed. , he explained.

Targeting approximately 230 million barrels of crude oil, the first phase of the Sangomar field development will include a floating production, storage and offloading (FPSO) unit, 23 subsea wells and supporting infrastructure. The FPSO vessel, moored in a water depth of 780 meters, will be able to process 100,000 barrels of crude oil per day, 130 million standard cubic feet of gas per day and will have a minimum capacity of 1,300,000 barrels of crude oil, according to the same source.

Located approximately 100 km south of Dakar in the Rufisque, Sangomar and Sangomar Deep blocks – supported by several experienced international drilling service providers in the Dakar region – the Sangomar field development contains oil and gas on a combined area of ​​7,490 km2 in the Senegalese part of the MSGBC basin.

Woodside, responsible for the development of the Sangomar field, is the operator of the joint venture, with an 82% stake, while the remaining 18% stake is held by the Senegalese state oil company, Petrosen.

We want to give thanks to the writer of this post for this amazing content

Sangomar project off Senegal: first oil production planned for 2023 (company) – Atlasinfo


Explore our social media profiles as well as other related pageshttps://metfabtech.com/related-pages/